Fall is here, and it’s soup season! I love all soups. Passionately. I also love black beans. So, for lunch I whipped up this yummy black bean soup. Delicious!
|Black Bean Soup|| |
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 chopped or shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2½ cups vegetable stock
- 3 cans black beans, rinsed and drained (you could probably get away with 2, but I love beans!)
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexicorn
- 1 (15 ounce) can zesty stewed tomatoes
- cilantro, sour cream and shredded cheese
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and carrots, and cook until onion is softened. Add chili powder, cumin and pepper; cook another 1 minute. Add vegetable stock, half of the black beans, all of the corn, and bring to a boil.
- In food processor or blended, puree tomatoes and remaining beans; add to pan. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10-15 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Top with chopped cilantro, sour cream, and shredded cheddar or Monterrey jack cheese.